Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Delirium!

How do I find myself in this position for a SECOND night in a row.

It's 5am... and I'm still awake, AGAIN.

Is it because I'm irresponsible? Is it because I lack common sense and otherwise don't do what's in my best interest? Partly all of the above.

But the real culprit is "Installing: Help PT-BR"... "Installing: Help JA".... "Installing: Help EN".... "Installing: Help KO"...

For the last HOUR, I've been staring at ATI Catalyst Control centre installing stupid help files in what's possible the slowest installation process... OH! "Installing: Help RU"... WHY DOES IT TAKE 10 MINUTES TO COPY A USELESS RUSSIAN HELP FILE FROM A CD TO THE HARD DRIVE!!! I digress, I've been sitting watching the slowest install process in the world, which I'm terrified to STOP, because between last night and tonight, I've been through SIX Windows installs, all of which have failed at one point or another, resetting the whole 1-2hour long procedure to the very beginning. So I'm deathly afraid, because this seems to be working okay so far with the exception with the installer that would be the equivalent of Stephen Hawking "running" the 100m sprint.

I have to hold out, see if this finishes successfully, so that I may go to sleep with the computer intact, or with a concave size 12.5 foot imprint in its side.

I'm at this point at "Installing: Help TH".... Thai? Well, I can see how that's useful. Looks like there's 10-15 minutes left till this finishes... I swear to allah if this leads in to another equally slow installer... I'll blow something up.

1 comment:

Ratven said...

Aaaaand it's going to be in pieces.


*sleepy swearing*