Thursday, January 31, 2008

Police came into my house, were fairly respectful to me in front of my family...

... all because someone filed a noise complaint, and you know what, residents of the house next door, it was YOU!

Seriously though, I live in a townhouse, my home theatre is in the basement, and I have two neighbors on either side who are connected to me. I like to watch movies in the evening, and for the most part mind to keep the volume at a reasonable level because I am aware that there are people next door, but even more importantly there are people sleeping in MY OWN house.

So, somehow the noise from my movies doesn't disturb people sleeping above me through wooden floors and open doors, but is a nuisance to people living in another house on the other side of CONCRETE?

In fact, I have doubts that it is, the police officer that came stepped into my house and I hadn't lowered the volume or anything because other people were watching a movie, and I was just called up because 'someone' was at the door, so I didn't even know what I'd be dealing with. He said, "I can't even hear anything"... standing in my hallway, with the door to my basement open, with the fucking movie playing at the volume I had been watching it at. He actually said, "I guess I have the wrong house." This was AFTER I even made the mistake of being openly frustrated with the situation and my first words to him were, "What's this about...", to which he did a double take like, "WTF did he just say to me?"... but even after I offended his sensibilities, the guy realized I was doing nothing wrong.

I know these people next door have a problem with my noise, I've gotten a note from the condominium board before that there has been a complaint about noise... so they've complained before, but what I hate about some members of our fine race, these people seem to exemplify this trait, is that we can be such douchebag wimps that hide behind authority. I speak with the elderly woman next door weekly, exchange hello's, how are you's, just random chit chat. Her worthless daughter (30-something) and her husband moved here a year or two ago and live with the elderly woman, I'm guessing they sleep in the basement, otherwise there's absolutely NO reason to complain... but I've never personally heard anything about it, nor have my parents who converse even more often with her. I'm sure she knows about her daughter's 'noise' problem, and won't tell me about it. The daughter doesn't say anything, and her husband is like a shadow, I think I've seen him twice or 3 times in over a year.

I'm just so upset, and perplexed by this behavior.. I don't get it, nor do I know what I should do, because I'm being pressured by my parents who are scared that the police came, which is ridiulous because the police verified that I'm not doing anything wrong.

I'm open to suggestions... and I welcome hearing your comments, I'm considering writing them a letter of some sort, if I write it now, the tone would be of a "fuck off" nature, which I'm not sure if it's what I should be going for.

Anyhow, sorry to bore everyone with a personal story, I know it's a departure from the mindless humor that's normally up here... I'll return to that shortly, unless of course this doesn't get resolved.

No comments: